Watching Disney movies and pretending to be your favorite character has been a tradition long kept by children, and adults, for generations. There’s just something about popping in a VHS and curling up under a blanket that can bring out the inner child in anyone.
For some of us, however, we never really let go of the child within us who loved Disney movie marathons. Sometimes, especially during finals, we just need to revisit the good ‘ole days when everything was simple and we didn’t have to worry so much about grades or exams. Walt Disney even said “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.” But sometimes we can simply be scrolling through Tumblr when we stumble upon a GIF or image from a Disney movie that sums up exactly how we’re feeling. We may not have realized it as children, but Disney really understands the difficulty of being a college student.
14. Trying to explain a term in class that even you don’t understand. You just want to be a good student and help out the person next to you that’s struggling, but sometimes even you don’t know what’s going on. Your professor is basically speaking gibberish.
13. Every awkward situation, ever. There will never be an easy way to deal with awkward situations. But you can embrace it like Maleficent and use it to your advantage. Eyebrows on point and all.
12. Trying to convince yourself that going to the 24 hour convenience store on campus is a good idea. You can’t even count how many times you went to Dutch Treats* at 2 a.m. for a late night ice cream run. You always tell yourself you’re going to do better and that you’re not going to do midnight food runs anymore, but once the time comes around you lose all self control and just go for it anyway.
11. Figuring out what you want to major/minor in. You took a few classes in high school and thought it would be a great fit, but once you get to college you realize there’s something else that totally interests you so you change it. But then you find something else you like even better and want to change it again or you want to add on a major or minor. Next thing you know you’re taking 16 credits a semester, you’re in eight clubs/organizations, and you have a part-time job.
10. Every time you blank while taking a test. You studied for hours the night before so that you could pass, but as soon as the paper is put in front of you it’s like you didn’t even read the cover of your textbook.