21. You go to Kmart or Walgreens often to stock up on food and essentials to avoid going to (or in case you miss) the bookstore and cafeteria during open hours.
22. It is always sunny no matter the time of year.
23. The professors understand a variety of island dialect.
24. When you go to one department where 1+1=2, but you go to another department and 1+1 might equal 2 or 11.
25. When a bag of air (chips) is $2 in the bookstore
26. When your friends ask you to get them a free meal from the caf
27. When your professors claim you didn’t turn in an assignment when you know you did
28. When students drive their car from their dorm to their class
29. When you stay up until 3 am doing an assignment then finding out the next day that it’s not graded
30. When you have to sneak food in the library
31. When the best thing to look forward to in the caf is the ice cream
32. When your credits don’t transfer to a community college.
33. When people that don’t attend UVI are always on campus
34. Your professors know you by name.
35. When dominoes and Netflix is always the plan.
36. Grass seems to be cut every day.
37. Rice is a main staple in the caf.
38. When your idea of a good night is to head to the beach.
39. When you can’t have people in your room unless your RA is cool or lives in another suite than they do.
40. When visiting hours are from 12:00pm to 12:00am & quiet hours are from 10:00/11:00 to 10:00/11:00 based on what day it is.
View all articles by Chris Weigen