1. Gum. This may be hard to believe, but it is actually scientifically proven that chewing gum while taking tests helps you concentrate more. Even in high school when gum wasn’t permitted, I remember my teachers making a gum chewing acception whenever we had a test. So if you can’t get your hands on any adderall, try some Trident instead.
2. Library. Nobody wants to do it but it has to be done. Going to the library really will help you get your shit together. There are no temptations of watching TV, which is great, and you’re practically forced to get your studying done. You may feel like you’re in a prison, but don’t worry, that’s how it’s supposed to feel.
3. Note cards. This is the ultimate key to success on any exam. Take it from the girl that literally started from the bottom and now I’m on the Dean’s List. Freshman year, when I was clueless on how to actually study, I was placed on academic probation. Ever since I started making note cards for my exams I have been doing drastically better and have been on the Dean’s List the passed two semesters. It works.
4. Office Hours. Again, I know that nobody really wants to do this, but if you’re not trying to fail out then you should consider going to office hours. Ask your professor whatever questions you may have, it will only help you. If for some reason you can’t go to the office hours, at least shoot your professor an email on something that you don’t understand. You can’t be shy when it comes to these things, it could be the difference between you getting an A or a D.
5. Study Group. This is another sure-fire way to do better on your exams. Get together with a few friends in your classes and quiz each other on questions that could possibly show up on the exam. You’ll figure out what you need to study more and then you all can celebrate your hard work by going out and letting go of some of that exam stress! Good luck!