One thing I’ve learned in college is that once a person ever was an athlete, they will always be an athlete. Male or female, young or old, whether or not they still play, if they dedicated their time to a sport at one point or another, they still have a passion for it. For those of us who never played sports, well, we have a hard time understanding the hype. Here’s 12 struggles that non-sports fans have when they date athletes, past or present. We’re really trying, we promise.
12) Sports are the only thing thats ever on TV when you go over to his/her place. Don’t even try to change the channel.
11) Sports fans/Athletes have a whole language to themselves. You definitely don’t understand.
10) While going to a game may seem like a cute idea for a date, you have no idea what’s going on, making it confusing and/or boring. Try to smile as best as you possibly can.
9) You have to pretend to be excited on game day, even if you don’t really get what the big deal is. Hang in there.
8) A staple in his/her wardrobe will probably be jerseys/sports attire. It’s a fashion sin you just have to deal with.