You might realize that you whenever you go home for break – winter, summer or spring – you always seem to run into people you went to high school with. Whether you come from a small town or a big city chances are you still end up seeing someone you know. For some people that may be a great thing, but for others it’s something we could easily live without. This article is dedicated to the latter.
10. The gossip never stopped. People always claim that gossip stays in high school, but they were extremely wrong. It’s like every time you come home you get filled in on all the latest gossip, but you could honestly care less.
9. People make a game out of seeing who’s doing better in life. When people see you for the first time after high school it’s like all of a sudden they care about what you’re doing with your life. But you can’t seem to shake off the feeling that they’re just trying to see who’s doing “better”.
8. People you never hung out with all of a sudden want to hang out. No matter who it is or where you see them, people always end up saying that you should hang out. You know it’s just a formality that people say, but some people actually mean it and you don’t know why. It’s not like you ever really hung out before, so why start now?
7. You run into people in random places like Target. You can basically never just go to Target or the mall without running into one person you know. Whether you’re in a big city or a small town you’ll still run into someone. For example, I grew up next to Disneyland, which gets about 40,000+ visitors a day, and my city has a population of over 170,000 yet whenever I go to Disneyland over break I somehow manage to run into that one person that I know.
6. It’s like some people never left high school. There all different types of people when it comes to high school: the ones who claim it was the best time of their life, the ones who just went through the motions, the ones who claim it was the bane of their existence, and then the ones who basically never left. It’s one thing to have a great high school experience and hold on to the memories, it’s another to act like you’re still in high school.