1. Paper bags– they will catch on fire.
2. Plastic bags– instead use microwave safe plastic wrap.3. Grapes– they’ll explode! (and possibly catch on fire)
4. Raisins– same as grapes (more exploding)
5.Travel mugs– just say no to putting metal in the microwave.
6. Yogurt– their plastic containers can not with stand the heat.
7. Red sauce– always cover it! It will explode and make a mess.8. Anything with metallic rims– it will spark!
9. Aluminum foil– it will ALWAYS catch on fire.
10.Plastic containers– stick with microwave safe options
11. Eggs with the shell– they’ll burst and make a mess.
12. Hot peppers– the juice inside can get dangerous.13.Fruit– they’ll burn and/or burst.
14. Styrofoam– it will burn and when it melts into food it can create potential poison.
15. Nothing– yes, turning on your microwave with nothing at all in it will damage it!
View all articles by Kelly Stamm